The official hotel of the Bollywood stars for the upcoming IIFA awards is the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in downtown Toronto. Below are a list of things they will be doing to promote IIFA:
- Five mocktails ($10) and cocktails ($14) have been formulated to encourage the celebration of IIFA.Raj Kapoor martini of Victoria Gin and Polar Ice Vodka; to a Watermelon Mojito made with or without rum and muddled rooftop mint; to a playful Filmi Fizz of tropical flavours paired with Lambs Navy Rum and finally the Kashmir featuring saffron, vodka, mixed with the sweet juices of oranges and mangos.
- York’s Deli turns into the Delhi Deli with new menu items inspired by everything from tangy Bombay street snacks to home style curries with distinctive flavours and authentic recipes using the finest and freshest ingredients the Delhi deli way -items such as Chai, samosas, pakoras and more are on the menu.
- Authentic Indian cuisine will be available through In Room Dining 24 hours of the day
- Pop-up shops showcasing the wares and services of local South Asian merchants will operate from the Avenues Level of the hotel beginning June 21 through to June 26 from 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- The hotel’s first South Asian Wedding Show will be held in The Ballroom on Wednesday, June 22 from 12:00 p.m. through to 8:00 p.m. Indian weddings, symbolized by a whole host of rites and rituals, traditions, pomp and festivity, and hundreds of small customs passed down from generation to generation, can find proper expression at The Fairmont Royal York. Brides, grooms and family members are all welcome to tour an open house line-up of vendors including: Arora Wedding & Event Planning; Linen & Mandap – Design 2 Decor; Photographer – Katha Images; DJ – Neil Vaid; Henna – Fresh Inc. Mendhi; Cake – The Caketress; sitar and tabla by Ram and custom invitations by Sanjh Savera. For further information please call: 416-860-4536.